Expedit Shelf, Vika Amon Table Top, Capita Legs
1) Ingredients: One Expedit Shelf, assembled. Check!
2) The underbelly of my Vika Amon table top. Note the asymmetrical positioning of the Capita legs, cuz of his cantilevered design!
4) The metal cap hides the screws completely!
5) The penultimate step... just before popping the table top onto the plastic feet.
6)The gap under the table top is perfect for keeping our 2 laptops and with mice and cables away for mealtimes!
7) The table top floats away from the wall for more comfortable seating (no one likes to be squeezed against the wall). The resultant gap is perfect for keeping table-top accessories like utensils and tissues. Their Nespresso machine lives there now.
8) The finished Kitchen-counter/Dining-Table/Work-Station. 3-in-1! Completed with a few Kassett boxes and Stig stools. The open shelving lets light through to our kitchen, with space to display our books and knick-knacks.
IKEA Hackers- UCN.